- Interaction Design: Producing wireframes and prototypes
- Graphic Design: Branding, designing graphics and visual mockups
Staff Product Designer
2016 – present · San Francisco, CA
As a member of the Product Team, we collaborate to design and develop Castlight's platform — a product that empowers people to make the best choices for their health and helps companies make the most of their health benefits.
Director of UX and Design
2015 – 2016 · San Francisco, CA
Manage creative services team that handles ad production for brand campaigns, sales mockups and marketing support. Additionally, focused on product design for platform.
- Led and managed design efforts for Flite's ad products
- User experience design for reporting studio and vertical video builder
Senior User Experience Designer
2011 – 2015 · San Francisco, CA
Work and collaborate with team to design Flite's creative management platform.
- UX design for Report Studio, Campaign Studio and Content Studio.
- Prototype features for different parts of the platform using HTML, CSS and jQuery.
- Work in agile/scrum environment to test and maintain production quality CSS for the platform on a weekly cycle.
Senior User Experience Designer
2004 – 2010 · South San Francisco, CA
Worked as one of the few user experience designers in Genentech's IT department, providing leadership in the area of usability and user-centered design principles to multiple projects across the enterprise. Key projects included:
- Led interaction design efforts and user experience activities for the Commercial organization's portal resulting in the successful roll out to all U.S. Sales employees.
- Prototyped interface for public website used by physicians to enroll patients into Genentech's reimbursement programs.
- Conducted user research, created prototypes and developed final assets for a custom implementation for the Environment, Health and Safety group.
2002 – 2003 · San Francisco, CA
FastChannel Network develops products and services for the creation, distribution and management of advertising. Oversaw direction of FastChannel's branding and helped develop creative concepts for web and print projects.
User Interface Designer/Graphic Designer
2000 – 2002 · San Francisco, CA
Swan developed a web collaboration product for advertising agencies. Managed and produced product's templates and graphics. Worked closely with programmers on developing new features. Produced marketing material and visual mockups for the sales team, which were used to pitch and win client business.
STERLING SOFTWARE · NASA AMES RESEARCH CENTER
Multimedia Consultant / Project Lead
1993 – 2000 · Moffett Field, CA
Developed web and multimedia projects to help communicate scientific results computed at the center. For three years, managed small creative team responsible for these web, multimedia and print projects.
ADDITIONAL SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCE
1999 – present
Freelance interaction designer and graphic designer for over 10 years for various clients:
- Intranet and print design for Genentech's Diversity and Inclusion Group.
- Designed screens and conceptual mockups for Spoke Software, an online networking tool for business professionals.
- Designed identity, flyers and website for Bay Area DJ/Producer David Harness.
- Designed product UI, public website, and corporate website for Service Ramp, an online application for IT portfolios.
BA, Computer Science